as of January 2016
As a general rule, Owners of participating horses will be entirely responsible for all travel, accommodation, quarantine, isolation and all incidental costs associated with themselves, their horses, Trainers, Jockeys, and stable staff.
However, the JRA will provide the following expenses:
- 1.Van transportation expenses between the International Airport and the Quarantine Center and the Racecourses in Japan.
- 2.Stall fees at the Quarantine Center and at the Racecourse.
Japan Cup Hospitality
For overseas invited horses for the Japan Cup, the JRA will provide the following:
- 1.Air transportation between Japan and the point of embarkation / disembarkation for the horse and two attendants (economy class).
- 2.Return business class air tickets for Owner, Trainer, Jockey, and their spouse/partner (Not transferable).
- 3.Five nights accommodation (one room) for Owner, Trainer, and Jockey at The Ritz-Carlton Tokyo.
For particular selected overseas horses for the certain Grade 1 races (Queen Elizabeth II Cup, Mile Championship, Champions Cup, Yasuda Kinen, Tenno Sho (Spring), Takarazuka Kinen, Tenno Sho (Autumn), Takamatsunomiya Kinen and Sprinters Stakes), the JRA may offer travel incentives at discretion of the JRA Selection Committee.
Please contact our Representative Offices for details.