COVID-19 News Update: Partial reopening of Off-Track Betting Facilities
From Saturday, July 11, some WINS and J-PLACE (off-track betting facilities) will resume partial operations, with restrictions on hours, betting ticket sales and payouts.
Please note that no races will be televised and no odds information will be provided within the facilities.
There will be no betting ticket sales at racecourses, or at WINS and J-PLACE other than those listed below. Notice will be made when it is decided to resume operations at these venues.
When the resumption of operations, the highest priority is being placed to the safety of racing fans and venue staff, with operations carried out with careful attention to the guidelines set forth in the "Basic Approach to Coronavirus-related Horseracing Safety" (PDF).
Before you visit WINS or J-PLACE, please be sure to read the "Requests to Customers."
Changes may be made in accordance with new developments.
1. OPENING DATE FOR WINS, J-PLACE RESUMING BETTING TICKET SALES
From Saturday, July 11
Kushiro, Tsugaru, Yokote, Yonago, Sasebo, Yatsushiro, Miyazaki
Nakashibetsu, Kushiro (Aiba), Shizunai, Asahikawa, Chitose, Takigawa, Ebetsu, Iwamizawa,
From Saturday, July 18
Kushiro (Furlongs), Kitami, Asahikawa Kitasaito, Nayoro, Fukagawa, Abashiri
- - Note: Betting tickets will not be sold at any WINS, EXCEL or J-PLACE other than those listed above.
2. BUSINESS HOURS AND RACES TO BE BET (Note these are different from the usual.)
|Races for which bets can be placed||
Feature races at all racecourses, races which can be bet on the day before
Betting Ticket sales hours
9:20 to 14:00
- - Note: There will be no payouts for the races to be run on the day.
- - Note: Please collect payouts for winning tickets from the day after the race was run.
- - Note: Operating hours are 10:00 - 14:00 for WINS Yokote and 9:30 - 14:00 for WINS Miyazaki.
- - Note: For J-PLACE, please check the information provided by each operator.
3. JRA MEASURES TO PREVENT SPREAD OF INFECTIOUS DISEASE
The following measures will be taken at JRA facilities.
- Before beginning work, employees will take their temperature and make note of their physical condition. Hands will be thoroughly washed and disinfected.
- Employees will wear masks to prevent the spread of infection. Also, face shields and gloves will be worn by those coming in direct contact with the public.
- Facilities will be sufficiently ventilated.
- Plexiglass barriers and vinyl curtains have been installed to prevent airborne exposure.
- Places often touched by customers will be cleaned and disinfected frequently.
- In order to maintain proper distance from others, employees will refrain from guiding customers.
4. REQUESTS TO CUSTOMERS
Temperature and health check
All customers are required to check the temperature when entering racing facilities and we ask you to refrain from entering the premises if you are feeling unwell or have a fever, cough, sore throat or other symptoms.
If you are found to have a fever or be in poor physical condition at the entrance to the facilities, you will be refused entrance.
We will also refuse entrance in the following cases:
- If, within the past 14 days, you have come into close contact with a person who has travelled to a region or country that has been placed under government restriction or that requires those arriving from such to stay under observation, or if you have come into close contact with a resident of such region or country.
- If you have come into close contact with a person testing positive for the coronavirus infection.
Wearing a mask
- - A mask is required to be worn upon entering all venues. Those not wearing masks will not be permitted entrance.
- - Please observe proper etiquette when coughing or sneezing.
Maintaining distance from others
- - There are marks at the venues indicating the proper distance to be kept from other people. Please use these as your guide.
Washing and disinfecting hands
- - Hand sanitizer is provided at the entrance to a facility and at the exit. Please make use of this to disinfect your hands.
- - Customers with smartphones are encouraged to download and register with the "COVID-19 Contact-Confirming Application" https://www.mhlw.go.jp/stf/seisakunitsuite/bunya/cocoa_00138.html (connect to external site)
- - On the way home from WINS etc., please avoid the “Three Cs” -- Closed spaces, Crowded places and Close-contact settings.
- - When visiting a racing facility, please keep in mind those who are at the greatest risk of infection and in the gravest danger in case of it -- the elderly and those suffering from chronic illness. Please consider how your actions may affect others.
5.REGARDING OPERATIONS WITHIN THE FACILITY
- - For the time being, live race footage and odds information will not be provided at the off-track betting facilities. We ask customers to keep your visits as short as possible and to return home quickly after placing your bets.
- - The media hall, chairs and smoking areas within the venue cannot be used.
- - There will be no shops open and no complimentary beverages offered.
- - Please note Crowds can be expected shortly after the facility opens and shortly before it closes. We advise you to avoid these times if possible.
- - In the case of congestion, entrance may be restricted.
|Despite the fact that some WINS are resuming operation, winning betting tickets that were purchased from Saturday, Dec. 28, 2019 through Sunday, Feb. 23, 2020, will still be valid for 60 days from the reopening of racecourses.
Winning tickets and tickets eligible for refund that are purchased at the off-track betting facilities now resuming operation will be valid for the usual 60 days from the date of purchase.